Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally after many training sessions, the selection results are out! We've been kept under suspense fer quite sometime, and coach has been using selections to push us further and further during trainings. Well, I've made it to become the 2nd keeper of the main team. :D

I suppose training will become tougher as nationals are really getting nearer each day. And so, my stress level is indirectly proportional to the no. of days left to nationals. Well, I do agree that I love participating in matches, where I get to get in contact w the ball. That was why initially I chose to play outfield as a defender. When I become a keeper, my stand had to change. I'd rather stand in front of the goalpost fer 70mins without touching the ball.

As a defender, if I happen to lose possession of the ball, I would still have a chance to chase aft the ball. As a keeper, if I happen to lose possession of the ball, that would make the score different. Although no one in the team would point their fingers at me or question me, my guilt will just surface. There I am, standing right in front of the goalpost, watching the other 10 players, running all around the places, fighting hard to get the ball into the opponent's goal post. Maybe only scoring once after buckets of sweat have been shed. While I, on the other hand, just have to fault in a split second to ruin all their efforts.

I was overjoyed when I received the text saying that I'm officially in the main team. But after a few hours, I wonder if it is really worth the joy.

No comments: